Monday, January 8, 2018

*Top Ten Tuesday* Books I Planned to Read in 2017, But Didn't (Jan 9)


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This week's theme is books I meant to read in 2017, but didn't get to (but am absolutely going to read in 2018, probably, maybe). I kind of hate this topic because my list of books that I planned to read in 2017 but didn't get to is way longer than I care to admit. I mean, I could make this easy on myself and just refer you to my December Platypire Read-A-Thon list (because it's the most recent one I've posted at this point and the TBR portion of it is mostly still the same). Or I could have you check out my 2017 Beat the Backlist reading challenge declaration, I've only read two of the books that I'd listed there even though I did achieve my goal of reading 40 backlist titles during the year. The problem for me is that I make lists and then I can't stick to them, so I have so many books that I've wanted to read and it just gets so hard to get to them because there are always new books (I'm sure most of you understand that feeling).

I'm also currently at the disadvantage of not having access to most of my physical books, and I don't know when we will have a house of our own and I'll be able to read those books again (and I find it easier to make and stick to lists of physical books to read than ebooks for some reason; not that I'm great at doing that either, but I do it better). So I can't even just go pick ten covers that I super love for this list. And I kind of prefer to use these types of posts to highlight books that I haven't yet highlighted on my blog whenever possible (so I don't want to just pick ten books from either of the two lists I linked to already).

So here are ten(?) books that I've gotten through Netgalley and will hopefully be finally reading in 2018.

Wynn in Doubt by Emily Hemmer
Henchgirl by Rita Stradling
Our Own Country by Jodi Daynard
In the Light of What We See by Sarah Painter
The Dream Protocol by Adara Quick
Forgotten Women by Freda Lightfoot
The Midwife by Katja Kettu
Frostblood by Elly Blake
The Radium Girls by Kate Moore
A Thousand Rooms by Helen Jones

And now that I've got a list compiled, I realize that I could have been more specific and said that it would be books by women that I meant to read in 2017. Maybe next time one of these types of posts rolls around, I'll get even more specific by narrowing it down to a specific genre or time period (but let's be honest here, I'll probably forget this idea by the next time a post like this rolls around).

So what are some books you'd meant to read in 2017 but didn't get to? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to leave a link to your post. It will take me a bit to check out your lists and return your comments because I'm still working on getting into a routine after moving, but I will return comments.* 

7 comments:

  1. Great list :) I haven't read any of those. Good luck!

    Megan @ Ginger Mom & the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even heard of most of these books, so I'm going to take some time to check them all out now. The only one I have heard of is Frostblood, and I also procrastinated reading that last year!

    You can check out my Top Ten Tuesday here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I've heard about Frostblood a bit and it sounds interesting!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read In Light of What We See, I hope you enjoy it!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL, you're crazy! I can't believe you still got this post written and posted! You're way better at staying on top of things than me... My fingers are crossed that you get these all read in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to check out Frostblood by Elly Blake!! I hope we both like it when we get to it!!!

    TTT:Books I meant to read in 2017

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great theme! I really need to catch up on my Netgalley books aswell.

    ReplyDelete