Tuesday, May 9, 2017

*Top Ten Tuesday* Things on My Reading Wishlist

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is things on my reading wishlist. So today's post is all about things I want to see more of in books.

1) Characters named after me (Katie) that die. And I'm serious here. Talking authors into writing me into books just to kill me off is almost a fetish for me (not almost a fetish, it's totally a fetish). I should really create a list of all the books in which I die.

2) B-movie-type monsters (like man-eating squirrels). I'm a fan of the absurd, and that's what B-movie-type monsters are, absurd. Also, don't tell Chip Davis I said this, because I still haven't read Squirrel Bait.

3) Female leads who do the rescuing, a la Katniss Everdeen. And there are probably lots of books that fit this bill, but I haven't managed to read many of them, so if you have any suggestions, be sure to drop them below in the comments.

4) Pages. What can I say, I like big books and I cannot lie. And a lot of times I want more story after the story is done. Sometimes I want a LOT more story after the story is done.

5) Platypires. I wouldn't be a very good honorary platypire if I didn't include this on my list...and I feel kind of bad for Joood - Hooligan, because she's been trying to get platypires into books longer than I've been trying to get killed off in books, and seen far less success.

And that's pretty much it, I think. It's a short list, but I think that's because I go through reading phases, but for every phase I go through, I tend to find more than enough books to satisfy me until I get a craving for something different, so there isn't really a whole lot that I think needs to be done more, it's just a matter of finding what's already out there.

What are some of the things you'd like to see more of in books? - Katie 
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment