Wednesday, July 1, 2015

*Author Spotlight* TC Matson

T.C. Matson


Title: Mistaken Identity
Genre: Romance/Dark
Published: November 4, 2014
Pages: 289
Add to your Goodreads TBR

Synopsis

Ever held your breath as the elevator doors slide open unsure of who could be staring back at you? And what about walking to your car and finding a note? Ever wish it was from the man who catches your attention? Poor Samantha isn’t sure when to let loose of her breath. Her fresh start causes more problems than the nerves she feels on the first day of work. She soon falls prey to a love that transforms into evil, lies that become twisted, and threats that come to be promises. She’s oblivious that the elevator holds her love, her heart break and her strength.


***Warning***

This book contains graphic sexually explicit content and intense violence that could be disagreeable or distressing to readers. The content is intended for mature readers only.

Life sometimes gives you a fork in the road and doesn’t give you a hint of which direction to take. There’s no signs, no arrows, no neon lights to help. Luckily, Samantha Beckman chose the right path years ago and escaped from the horrors of her childhood. Along with her best friend, Jess, she lives a wonderful life—happy and carefree just as any twenty six year old should.

Opportunity arises when Samantha lands the job of a lifetime as the COO’s executive assistant for North Carolina’s leading business, Weston Company. 

Yet, not everything is as it seems. Samantha soon learns Mr. Eye Candy from the elevator isn’t who he says he is, the sexy construction worker isn’t what she thought he was, and don’t forget about her new unwanted and clever stalker. Maybe her life isn’t as simple as she hoped it would be.

Caught in the sights of two men and a stalker, Samantha is forced to decide between flight and fight, fear over strength. Will she be able to take the right path again, or has her luck finally run out?


Buy the Book

About TC

New independent author, TC Matson, loves to let her characters voices be heard. With a head full of stories, she puts her keyboard through a beating daily. Regularly she visits the solidity of her writing cave, whether it be on the couch, at her desk, or wherever the three year old can’t reach the laptop. Currently she is publishing her debut novel, Mistaken Identity that stormed the shelves November 4th, 2014.
She is an avid reader and is known to devour books within hours. As a romance junkie, Matson sets her sights to try to find stories that are relatable and real. She’s not a fan of vampires, fairies, or any other out of this world fiction stories. And understanding that love isn’t always instant and full of flowers…her writing mirrors it.

Matson resides in the peaceful piedmont area of North Carolina with her husband and three boys where she stays hopped up on caffeine and chasing children. She has a relatively normal life managing her home, or as she calls it, her looney bin. Chaos is indefinite and a sense of humor is absolutely a must.

Connect with TC

Interview
What inspired you to become an author?
  • Honestly, I don’t have an amazing story like some of the other authors do. One morning I woke up and had my characters knocking on the door. I decided to start typing and BOOM! I had Mistaken Identity before I knew it.

I assume all authors also love to read, so what book inspired your love of reading?
  • RK Lilley-Bad Things. I freaking love that book!

How old were you when you wrote your first story?
  • If you are talking about how the cow ate hay in the barn, then I don’t know, maybe 7. LOL Last year was the first time I even thought about writing.

Who are some of your favorite authors now?
  • RK Lilley, Emma Chase, Skyla Madi, Harper Bentley, Alexa Keith, and Anne Mercier

Are you a plotter or a pantser?
  • Depends on how it comes to me. With Mistaken Identity I used a mapping system that seemed like my 4 year old drew it. My WIP now I’m just writing and keeping tabs.

Are your characters based on people you know?
  • Some things are best left to someone’s imagination. ;)

What are some of your writing rituals?
  • I have to have ear phones and music. I cannot write at all without them.

How do other books influence your writing? 
  • They really don’t. I enjoy reading other authors writing styles. It makes me realize that everyone reads what they like and to keep being who I am.

How do you get motivated to sit down and write with all the real world interruptions?
  • Being a stay at home mom with 3 kids and a hubby, it’s really not hard to get motivated to get lost in fantasy land. 

Which one of your books is your favorite? 
  • My WIP. I love how this one flows, how the characters talk, and how they are in general. It’s gone untitled for a while but I think I’ve settled on Leveled. {Authors note: due to the authors indecisiveness this could change!}

If you could have a writing retreat anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be and why?
  • Just one? You’re making me pick just one? You are totally unfair! Hmmm…somewhere sandy with comfortable temps. There! Narrowed that one down. ;)

If your main character were an alcoholic beverage, which beverage would they be and why?
  • In Mistaken Identity, Samantha would be a Vanilla vodka and Coke. She’s smooth, good, and sweet, but the moment you stand up, you’re gonna feel her.

If you could live in a fictional world, which world would you choose and why?
  • I never thought I could get to do the things that I’m doing now so technically I feel as if I’m in one. I live in fantasy land as I write.

What’s the best way to hide a body?
  • Ha! I have a friend that is an undertaker. He owns several crematories and he doesn’t really ask questions.

This or That

Coke or Pepsi? Coke
Paperback or e-reader? E-reader
Facebook or Twitter? FB
Peeta or Gale? I’m not really hungry *hint* don’t shoot me. I know I need to read it.
Edward or Jacob? I’m not into vampires or werewolves.
Money or love? Love
Tattoos or bare? Tattoos
Hairy or smooth? Smooth and if it’s winter-ain’t nobody got time for shaving. LOL
Call or text? Depends on if I want to talk to you.
Hot or cold? Can I choose warm?
Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Uhhh….
Coffee or Tea? Coffee
Halloween or Christmas? Christmas
McDonald’s or Burger King? Zaxby’s please! (What the heck is a Zaxby's? - Katie)
Batman or Spiderman? Which Batman? Michael Keaton, Val Kilmore, or Christian Bale? This makes a big difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment