Tuesday, February 3, 2015

*Challenge Review* Taming Me by Alexandrea Weis


Genre: Erotic Romance
Published: February 2, 2015
Pages: 323
Ages: 18+

Synopsis

Lexie Palmer is a writer in search of the perfect story.

When a case of mistaken identity introduces her to the charismatic dominant, Garrett Hughes, she discovers her salvation. In hopes of penning an accurate portrayal of the BDSM lifestyle, Garrett agrees to educate Lexie.

She eagerly places herself in Garret’s capable hands, but what starts out as just business with the sexy Mr. Hughes takes a turn toward the unexpected.

Soon, Lexie becomes immersed in his world, and finds Garret taking control of her life. Her experiences with Garrett may be providing wonderful material for her book, but how far is she willing to go to for her story?

Lexie Palmer is about to get a lesson in submission that she will never forget.

Taming Me falls in the Cover to Cover tie In Series but is a stand alone.
 

Review

Once again, Alexandrea Weis has written characters that I just absolutely fell in love with. Lexie, the writer who will do anything to get her story, and Garrett, the Dom that just can't help the urge to try and tame her in the process, are explosive together. When they're not butting heads over Garrett's completely unreasonable desires (although perfectly reasonable within the BDSM culture), they have great chemistry together. I absolutely adored Lexie's continued spunk in spite of Garrett's attempts to tame her and make her the sub he was looking for. 

This was a fast paced story, really only spanning about three weeks, and I enjoyed how each chapter was a different day in their relationship. It made reading this book sort of like reading Lexie's diary. It's an incredibly detailed diary, but she is a writer, so that's not even really too far-fetched. 

While this is the fifth book in Weis's Cover to Covers series, it CAN be read as a standalone. A few characters from other books in the series are mentioned, but you don't have to know their stories for this one to make sense. You will probably want to go read them afterwards anyway, but you don't have to. 

Overall I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I would definitely recommend this book to fans of 50 Shades of Grey and similar stories. 

Buy the Book


My Challenges

This book clearly fits the New Release category for Book Bingo because it's only two days old right now, so I half marked out my "two new releases" block to reflect it's position (it made sense to me). I also used this book to fulfill my "Published this year" requirement for the Popsugar reading challenge. 

Other categories this book would fulfill include:
A book by a female author
A book from an author I love that I hadn't read yet
A book set somewhere I've always wanted to visit (New Orleans)




1 comment:

  1. I mentioned your website in my blog post today! Thanks for being awesome!
    http://shannonathompson.com/2015/02/18/readersreaction/
    ~SAT

    ReplyDelete