Saturday, November 22, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo - Day 21 - #FlashbackFriday - First Reviews

So this should be an easy blog post, especially compared to the last one! Other people make ranking books seem so easy. So we're going to go back in time to about a year ago to see some of our blogs oldest reviews. Please step into my Delorean so we can travel through time. Okay, I'll try to stop being cheesy now.

My First Blog Post - This is a joint review of Fixer of Deceit (which has a new title now that I can't think of off the top of my head) and Promiscuous by Alyson Raynes. The highlight of the post for me is the picture.

Courtney's First Review - This review is for Dark Secrets by A.M. Hudson. *Confession* This is the first time I actually read this review from Courtney (I'm a bad co-blogger). *Better Confession* This book is getting moved up on my TBR.

Katie's 2nd Review - Have you noticed that I'm not following any real pattern for what I title my links? Apparently I get lazy after 4 a.m. Anyway, this review is for Blood Claim by Magen McMinimy. It's been so long since I read this book that I actually want to go back and read it again, just to reexperience what I loved about it the first time.

My Third Review - This review is for Bound by Brenda Rothert. I think it's a pretty well written review, and I even played with inserting some graphic quotes in it. I'm really bad at highlighting or marking quotes that I like in books, so including them in reviews does not happen often for me at all. I should work on that.

The Blog's 5th Review - This is another review by me, about the Stalker Anthology compiled by Cynthia Shepp Editing. Since reviewing this book, I've learned a better way for reviewing anthologies that feature several authors. That being said, I'm still proud-ish of this review.

Joint Double Reviews - That tag line doesn't even make sense! This link will take you to Courtney's and my reviews of Save my Soul and Hell's Gift by K.S. Haigwood as well as an interview with the author. *Warning* If you haven't read either of these books, the reviews for Hell's Gift may be kind of spoilerish (I realize now upon re-reading them.)

So there you have it. Some of the first reviews from our blog, back when it was just Courtney and me against the world! Have we improved or is it impossible to improve on perfection? (I'm not really as conceited as I act, I promise. I'm usually pretty sure I suck at everything except math and typing quickly and accurately.) - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment