Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review of "Underestimated" by Jettie Woodruff

Morgan has not had an easy life, growing up poor in an abusive home. Watching as her younger brother is taken and put into the system while she is left behind, too old to possibly find loving parents. Then on her 18th birthday she is whisked away to the lap of luxury to marry a man against her will, and her life actually gets worse. With a little help she manages to escape and start a new life with a new man that truly cares about her, but a tragic accident lands her back in her husbands clutches, with no memories of anything. Can she escape the abuse and find a happily ever after?

*Warning, this book has graphic sexual content, strong language, and disturbing scenes.

I feel like I am one sick cookie, because I loved this book. Don't get my wrong though, the situations that Morgan finds herself in are horrible, and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, but this book was wonderfully written. I was transported directly into Morgan's shoes, to the point that the twisted events that were turning her on, were turning me on. The vivid descriptions where I think most people would gloss over the events really make this book wonderful.

I love books that hint at behind the scenes stuff for me to think, "Oh, I bet this is why that happened," about, and I love them even more when they prove me wrong. Underestimated proved me wrong more than once with realistic explanations, not some weird out of left field stuff like some books use. I'm even happy with the way the book ended.

Overall I give Underestimated five out of five stars for the brilliant writing and nerve to tackle the tough subjects. I look forward to reading more from Jettie Woodruff.

Buy Links:

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment