Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Review of "Stalkers: A Collection of Thriller Stories" by various authors

Do you want a book that will have you on the edge of your seat? This book will do that. Do you want a book that will give you chills and nightmares? Yep, this book has that. Do you want stories that will surprise you? You'll find that here. Do you want stories with a happy ending? Guess what, this book even has a couple of those. In short, this book has something to appeal to just about everyone.

You may not know this about me, but I am a huge Stephen King fan. If you ask me who my favorite author is, the answer is Stephen King. My favorite book is a Stephen King book. "Stalkers" made me feel like I was reading a collection of King's short stories (except I don't think any of them are set in Maine). You'll be transported into seventeen different worlds where a mind playing tricks on you will be the least of your concerns. From Rene Folsom's "Every Thorn" where Brittany is stalked by a former flame to Phil Taylor's "Blog Stalker" where a case of cyber-stalking takes a very real turn for the worst you will not want to put this book down, except for about two hours before bedtime to pick up a happy go lucky book to avoid the inevitable nightmares.

The arrangement of this collection was brilliantly done. The stories woven together so that you don't know what will come next. A normal human stalker, a ghost that won't leave you alone, an ending where the good guys die, or one where the bad guys meet their demise. This book has it all, and even I didn't see most of the twists coming (and I'm usually pretty good at guessing those kinds of things from my years studying Stephen King).

I give this book five full stars. It made me laugh and it made me wish the house wasn't so dark and quiet at night. You do not want to miss out on this awesome collection, although you might regret it if you don't take my advice about the happy go lucky book before bedtime.

Buy Links:

Amazon

3 comments:

  1. I'm a huge horror fan! Thanks for the review! (Incidentally, if you're a Stephen King fan, you should check out his son's work. Joe Hill is a genius of horror, too, and a very clever writer. I think he's brilliant.) I have been thinking of picking this one up for myself. I'm just saving for Black Friday sales for the family right now! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to check out Joe Hill's work then. Thanks for the tip! - Katie

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great collection of stories

    ReplyDelete